Get involved in your community or at our sites in Arkansas
At Heifer, we believe everyone deserves an opportunity to achieve dignity and self-reliance. We work to provide sustainable gifts of livestock, agricultural training and other resources to those in need around the world. But we can’t do it alone. We work with others who share our vision of a world free of hunger and poverty.
That’s where you come in. We work with volunteers each year who make our work possible.
We are Looking for People with Passion.
A passion for …
- Ending hunger and poverty and creating a better world
- Educating others about the difference they can make
- Working with children about complex issues
- Fair-trade items that ensures artisans get fair prices
- Raising funds to support our mission
- Sustainable and eco-friendly agricultural practices
If you share any of these passions with us, then you might be a perfect fit! As a volunteer, you will educate others about the realities of extreme poverty, so they too can be inspired to make a difference.
How You Can Get Involved
Heifer International Campus | Little Rock, Arkansas
The Heifer International Campus is a hands-on, global education facility featuring our Village and Urban Farm. This facility is an integral part of presenting Heifer's mission to the public while challenging visitors to become global citizens. We highly depend on our wonderful group of day volunteers, and we are always looking to expand the family!
As a volunteer, you may:
- Give tours and lead educational programs
- Work with children of all ages
- Greet visitors and assist with the gift shop
- Work in the Urban Farm’s sustainable gardens
- Work with animals on the Urban Farm
- Help with special events
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Facebook page. Volunteers receive a Shop@Heifer and Cafe@Heifer discount. All transportation and expenses are the responsibility of the volunteer.
Heifer Ranch | Perryville, Arkansas
Heifer Ranch offers those wanting to gain experience in sustainable agriculture the opportunity to live and learn on our site. Volunteers at the Ranch work and live on our campus for three to eleven months working in our organic garden, raising pastured livestock and in our farm-to-table kitchen.
AS A VOLUNTEER, YOU MAY:
- Assist with animal husbandry and welfare of pasture-raised livestock
- Grow and harvest produce in our three-acre certified organic garden
- Prepare delicious farm-to-table meals with produce and meat raised at the Ranch
- Help facilitate in-person and online farmer trainings and workshops
- Be part of a diverse community of people committed to regenerative agriculture
Volunteers must be 18 or older and must pass a background check. For more information, email email@example.com or visit our Facebook page. Volunteers serve 40 hours per week in exchange for on-site housing, a small living stipend and hands-on experience.
In Your Community
There are plenty of ways you can support Heifer's mission right where you are.
- Educate your community—Speak on Heifer's behalf at living gift markets, state fairs, expos or other events to motivate others to make a difference.
- Involve your children — Children and youth are changing the lives of families all over the world using Heifer programs to inspire their peers and neighbors. We have programs for schools and faith groups.
- Fundraise for Heifer — Create a fundraiser for your birthday, wedding, a race or any event.
- Spread the word — If you're on social media, you can lend your digital voice to the cause. Share your passion with your friends and family.
Do you have a passion for ending hunger and poverty? Do you want to give back to your local community? Volunteer with Heifer International! If you are interested in volunteering at the Heifer International Campus in Little Rock, Arkansas, or in giving presentations about Heifer's work in your local community, please complete the form below.